Buttermilk Glacier Slalom Camps
- Overview: Camps will be geared toward developing a sound technical foundation focusing on a balanced athletic stance, and arcing the ski. We will begin each session with drills, and freeski runs and move into stubbies and gates as the camp progresses. This is a great opportunity for additional skiing for the early summer months for athletes looking to further their skills on the slalom course.
- Session Schedule:
- Session 1 - May 14 - 15th I 7:00am-10:00am (Cost - $150)
- Session 2 - May 28 - May 31 I 6:00am-9:00am (Cost - $300)
- Alpine Skiers
- Available to athletes enrolled in an AVSC Part time (Pre-Devo, Devo, ASK (Level 7+)) program or guest athletes.
- Limited number of athletes per session to ensure quality training
- Where: Buttermilk Glacer
- Please make sure each athlete has an adequate snack and water bottle.
- For more information please call Gill Hearn (970-309-5014) or Eric Colon (970-584-7977)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Mount Hood U12/U14 Summer Camp
- Overview: Summer ski camps are a valuable opportunity to work on fundamentals and spend a solid block of time with the sole focus of ski racing. We will spend the first two days outside of gates working on balance, athletic stance (fore/aft) and outside ski pressure (lateral balance). As the camp progresses we will build from this introducing gates, and more challenging course sets as the camp progresses. We will have daily dryland including hikes to nearby waterfalls, agility work, and teambuilding games. After dinner will include individual video sessions and athletes will be responsible for filling out a daily assessment sheet for their training.
- Session Schedule::
- Depart Aspen: June 11
- Arrive Mt Hood: June 12
- GS Block (5 Days): June 13-17
- Day Off: June 18
- SL Block (4 Days): June 19-22
- Arrive back in Aspen: June 23
- Where: Mount Hood, Oregon
- Accommodations: We’re staying at the Huckleberry Inn in the heart of Government Camp, OR. Breakfast, on-hill snacks, lunch and dinner is provided. Please let the coaches know before departure if you have any food allergies.
- Transportation: We will depart AVSC in ski club vans on the morning of June 11 and return late afternoon/evening June 23. Parents will receive ETA updates via text on our last day driving home on the 23rd.
- Cost: AVSC Athletes-$2,950 / Non-AVSC Athletes $3,200
- Extra expenses: Meals while traveling from Colorado to Oregon and back to Colorado. Day off meals and activities. Walking around money while in Government Camp (Huckleberry milkshakes, souvenirs, etc.).
- For more information please contact Gill Hearn (970-309-5014) or Eric Colon (970-584-7977)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER